"Your first breath took ours away"

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pet Peeves

I have a pet peeve.  When it happens, I literally want to pull my hair out.  I would actually welcome nails scratching a chalk board over this one thing, lip smacking/chewing.  I ABSOLUTELY cannot stand hearing someone chew. 

Mike chews with his mouth open all the time.  He chews, licks his lips, chews again.  Every time we eat dinner together, which is almost every night, I have to ask him to stop.  Honestly, it isn't even comfortable to chew that way!  You would think that after 8 years of being together, he would understand that that triggers the "beast" in me.  The first time, I ask nicely or make a joke.  The second time, I show my irritation and utter disgust.  The third time?  Well, the third time my face gets red, my voice gets loud and I want to rip my ears off!

Seriously, it is that bad.  The only thing worse than hearing someone chew during dinner is gum chewing in a quiet, enclosed car.  The last time this happened, I was stuck in the back of a truck with no music on.  Only the sound of this person's gum chewing and popping to keep me company.  I literally wanted to break out a window and bail regardless of the speed at which we were traveling.  Anything to put me out of my my misery.

There is no real point to this.  It is just on my mind because Mike is sitting next to me chewing his ice cream...who chews ice cream anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment