"Your first breath took ours away"

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Well, hello there!

So much for being good at updating and documenting our lives!

Anyway, we've moved!  We are back in PA and focusing on getting our lives back in order.  I wish I could say the move went smoothly but that would be a lie.  Within 10 minutes of walking in to our brand new home I started violently throwing up and got a call from Mike saying the moving truck broke down.  I ended up calling my mom (one of the many reasons we decided it was best to move back) and had her come over to take care of Weston.  It's a good thing I did too because by the time she got there, I was in pretty bad shape.  I don't remember much of the rest of that night or the next day.

I do know that Mike, my step-father in-law, and the truck eventually made it that night because I slept on our mattress.

The cleaning company that we hired to do our move out clean royally screwed us over and we can't get our money back because of their shady practices and my failure to thoroughly read things when I'm in a hurry.

We also had a pretty scary day when our sewer backed up into our basement and we were being told it was going to be $20k +, out of pocket.  We were not happy and were talking lawyers, rescinding sales, etc.  Eventually we figured out a much better solution that only cost $400.  We still may have to do the more extensive work but we also found out that we called the wrong people and that it would be about half as much as we were quoted.  Whew!

It's hard to believe we have been here for a month already!  Looking around, I'm ashamed at the amount of boxes we still have laying around.  We'll get there though.  We've been slowly chipping away at our list so at least something is getting done.  Our next big project is replacing all of the doors inside.  I'm incredibly nervous and excited about this!  Nervous that we measured/ordered wrong and that it will be a huge mess (literally). I'm excited though because I hate the doors in this house.

I'm hoping to get back into blogging and posting before and after pictures of the house but I'm not making any promises.

Weston is doing well.  He is a talker!  I quit counting his words as he is easily over 100 words.  He amazes me daily at how much he understands.  He certainly has a mind of his own and is a very strong willed child (no idea where he gets that from ;)). He also loves going potty on the big potty.  I'm hoping this means he will be easy to potty train!

He absolutely LOVES his new house and runs around the circle and the yard screaming with glee! I'm excited for summer so we can be outside in the yard more often.  I really wish the yard was fenced but for now, I guess I'll get my exercise by chasing him all over.

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment